For the first post-holiday month, we’re not seeing a whole lot of change in the rankings. Black Ops is going to hover at the top for a while longer (or until the next Call of Duty game comes out, which ever comes first). The obvious shocker here is Just Dance 2 outselling Dead Space 2, which is a little scary, ifyaknowwhatImean!
Anyway, here’s the top 10 best-selling games in North America for January, which naturally excludes digital downloads.
Software (New Physical Retail only; across all platforms incl. PC)
01. Call of Duty: Black Ops* (360, PS3, WII, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard
02. Just Dance 2 (WII) Ubisoft
03. Dead Space 2* (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts – 452K
04. Little Big Planet 2* (PS3) Sony – 353K
05. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (WII, 360, PS3) Majesco
06. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PSP, WII, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive
07. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood* (360, PS3) Ubisoft
08. Dance Central (360) MTV Games
09. Michael Jackson The Experience* (WII, DS, PSP) Ubisoft
10. DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You* (PS3, PC) Sony – 195K