Infinity Ward’s Jason West and Vince Zampella, the bigwigs who were fired by Activision, for “breaches of contract and insubordination” now have their new company web site on line.
The main graphic on the company’s new site says it all…”Finally”
For those who need a reminder;
Infinity Ward was the company who created the Call of Duty franchise.
On October 30, 2003, they released the first Call Of Duty which received critical acclaim and over 90 Game of the Year awards.
Every 2 years after that, Infinity Ward released sequels to the megaton super-smash-hit and, each time, received massive amounts of praise and acclaim for their work.
On March 1, 2010, Activision told the SEC that 2 high ranking employees had been dismissed.
On March 2, 2010, Bobby Kotick let Infinity Ward know that it was West and Zampella who had been released.
On March 4, 2010, West and Zampella sued Activision, claiming they failed to pay “substantial royalty payments”.
On April 12, 2010, The LA Times reported that West and Zampella were creating a new company, called “Respawn Entertainment”
On April 27th, 2010, 38 Infinity Ward employees (to include former employees) sued the ever living monkey shit out of Activision, seeking up to $125 million in damages.
The lawsuit against Activision, filed by West and Zampella, was scheduled to begin being heard on June 14, 2011.
And today, June 29th, 2011, Respawn went live.
And what have they announced?
That’s it, folks…A blurry image of what looks like a building with some towers or tall posts and mountains in the background.
What does this mean? We don’t know but we will be following this like a stalker on a pop-starlet and will let all of YOU know as soon as WE find out…Make sure you check back.
Also, check out Respawn’s web site!