This week, the FleshEatingZipper Staff is writing about their favorite console-exclusive games, ever! Agree or disagree in the comments below!
I might catch some shit for this because I didn’t go very far back, but I think Red Dead Redemption is the best game ever made, period. I have put more hours into this game then any other game I’ve ever played and I almost didn’t buy this game because I’m not really in to Western-themed anything. After seeing some gameplay and finding out it was a Rockstar, I was sold.
– It’s Huge: The game is huge. Riding a horse from one side of the map to the other takes a long time. I would spend hours just riding around doing side missions or just killing animals. Missions that forced you to ride long distances were frustrating, but fast travel’s available whenever, so I can’t complain.
– Guns: Cattleman Revolver, Schofield Revolver, Double-action Revolver, LeMat Revolver, Volcanic Pistol, Semi-automatic Pistol, High Power Pistol, Mauser Pistol, Double-barreled Shotgun, Sawed-off Shotgun, Pump-action Shotgun, Semi-auto Shotgun, Rolling Block Rifle, Carcano Rifle, Springfield Rifle, Bolt-Action Rifle and Buffalo Rifle! ‘Nuff said.
– Good Story & Acting: Most games don’t have a good storyline, but you can tell Rockstar spent time writing the story and it worked really well. I hated it when they killed John Marston, the way he dies was really dumb. You continue the game as his son but the voice actor they chose was so bad, annoying. All the other characters were great, John Marston especially.
– It’s a Beautiful Game: You can stand on a hill and watch the sunset/sunrise and storms roll in. The horses and all the other animals look great and the detail is awesome!
– DLC: Do you want to mix zombies into the West? Well then, Red Dead Redemption has got you covered. You get to go back and play as John Marston while capping zombies. It got a little repetitive with the graveyards, but it was still fun.
– Multiplayer: There are missions that you can do by yourself or you can team up with friends and random strangers. I thought I was bad ass when I started playing multiplayer because I didn’t play it until I beat the game. I was wrong. I didn’t realize that when you start off, you have nothing good. I decided to run up on people and got killed quick, then I was killed by the same person over and over again. It’s hard starting out, but it’s fun when you build up your character.
I can’t be wrong! The game received critical acclaim and sold over 8 million copies across PS3 and Xbox 360. What do you think?