Bullet Run is another of the myriad titles we got to have a look at, at E3. It was explained to us as a game-show style shooter, in which people are competing for prizes and fame by killing each other in various ways…The more exciting, the more people will like you and the more people like you, the more benefits you get.
So, like a gameshow…except it IS a game show! And the best of all? IT’S FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
When I first heard of this I was excited. I immediately wanted to get in to the game and see how famous I could get by smashing, stabbing and shooting noobs’ heads off. The concept of the game and the execution of the development, so far, are very attractive and the fact that it’s free? Well, that makes an attractive game irresistible!
We know that SOE has more than one shooter coming up this year and between this one and Planetside 2, their library of online shoot-em-ups is looking really good. Of course, we’ve already announced that we’ll be handing out some beta keys for Planetside 2 and now we’re happy to announce that we have a BUNCH of priority beta keys for Bullet Run, as well.
We will be handing these keys out on twitter (our account is @FezHQ) at various times over the next few days (a couple of them will go out in raw, complete form, right after this article is posted…aren’t you sad you’re not following us yet?) so be paying attention for your chance to get in on the action. We’ll also likely post some to Facebook so MAKE SURE you like us on Facebook!
So what about the game itself? Well here are some of the key features of the game, according to Sony Online Entertainment;
- FPS Meets Free-To-Play — Free for download on PC. Additional items for customization are available for purchase in the in-game marketplace.
- Reality TV Game Show Storyline — Players will have to fight for stardom or settle for 15 minutes of fame. Cameras and commentators capture all the intense FPS action, where style and showmanship earn “Heat” and fame on road to stardom.
- Eight Kill Skills — Unique abilities can be trained and unleashed during combat. Each brings in cutting-edge technology for players to use in their match and are unlocked as contestants earn Heat. These include damage heals, berserker mode, enemy-trapping robots, aerial ammo attacks, devastating mini-gun action and more.
- Active Reload — Bullet Run moves fast, and your guns need to load even faster. The game offers an Active Reload feature. When you hit reload a circular interface appears. If you hit it just right your weapon loads much faster. But be precise, if you don’t hit the mark your gun will jam.
- Six Killer Arenas — A thrilling assortment of game maps for players to explore and dominate including industrial landscapes, tropical islands, desert wastelands, and more.
- Fast-Paced Multiplayer Combat — Up to 20 contestants can battle on each episode in one of two game modes: Team Deathmatch or Dominion.
- Character Stylization — Players have hundreds of ‘vanity’ items to customize their characters and style, earning boosts and experience points in the in-game Style system.
- Weapon of Choice — Thousands of potential combinations per weapon from silencers and muzzle brakes to scopes, stocks and more allow players to fine-tune their weapon to match their game play preferences. Additionally, weapon decals and paintjobs will provide players true personalization.
- Bring on the Heat — In-game progression is rewarded through exciting play; the more Heat, the more fans. The more fans, the more players level up their Fame. Taunt, slay, and humiliate opponents, increasing Heat and unlocking new skills and weapons.
- Character Progression — Gain access to unique items and weapons as you advance to new levels of fame (experience); you can also earn in-game currency to help improve and learn new skills.
- Killing Community — Add friends, join them in matches, and chat privately via the ComCenter.
- Additional Features — Nemesis System to identify the contestant constantly blocking your path to stardom; Taunt System with custom animations to help pump up the crowd; Quickplay option; Reload minigame, and more.
And, here’s a nice trailer for you, in case you’ve not seen it yet.