Were you afraid that the new World of Warcraft expansion wasn’t going to allow for your favorite gold farming outfit to play along and make heaps and heaps of money for you? Well, fear not. Blizzard today announced that World Of Warcraft : Mists of Pandaria will be releasing in China on the 2nd of next month.
Here’s a few excerpts from the press release.
Blizzard Entertainment and NetEase, Inc. today announced that World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ , the fourth expansion set for the world’s most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, will launch in mainland China onOctober 2, 2012. For the first time ever, Chinese players will be able to join the rest of the global World of Warcraft community within the same one-week global launch period.
Also a first for the game’s community in China, Chinese players will have the opportunity to own the premiere Chinese “Ultimate Edition” of Mists of Pandaria, available at a price of 486 CNY. This exclusive set includes an appealing package of bonus items:
- World of Warcraft in-game mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount;
- World of Warcraft in-game pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side;
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria PC-game DVD;
- The Art of Mists of Pandaria book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen artwork from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings;
- Chen Stormstout mouse pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster;
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits;
- Behind-the-Scenes DVD: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables; and,
- Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.
“We’re excited to bring Mists of Pandaria to China on October 2, making this expansion a truly global launch,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Mists of Pandaria contains the biggest variety of new content we’ve ever created for a World of Warcraft expansion, with features that will appeal to new players, veterans, and everyone in between. We hope players enjoy exploring everything Pandaria has to offer.”
“Releasing a new World of Warcraft expansion within the same global launch week represents a historic moment for Chinese players,” said William Ding, CEO of NetEase, Inc. “We are proud to do our part in bringing Mists of Pandaria to gamers around the world. With abundant Chinese and other Eastern culture elements in the game, I am confident it will be widely embraced by the passionate Chinese player community.”
So there you have it kids! The gold farmers aren’t going to be lacking for resources any time soon. You’re safe!