I’m not going to go into a lot of blah blah blah here. The point of this article is that the Planetside 2 beta got a MASSIve patch today and the number of things which were addressed is fairly ridiculous.
What I will tell you is this. The framerate situation is dramatically different today than what it was yesterday. Also, it’s so pretty now I can’t even describe it here…You’re going to have to see it on our livestream.
And, without further adieu, here are the patch notes. Grab a sammich.
- A few crash bugs and stability tweaks have been made to provide a more stable gameplay environment.
- Iron Sights on all weapons have been tuned.
- Link Dead members will now pass squad leadership to the next available member.
- New certifications have been added for aircraft.
- Radius for available spawn rooms has been enlarged to encompass more area around player death.
Notable Bug Fixes:
- Switching to a weapon with a scope while aimed down sights will no longer cause players to see their weapon through their weapon’s scope.
- Proximity mines will now explode when an enemy is near or they are shot.
- Voice Chat HUD should now be correctly labeled for Squad, Platoon and Outfit.
- The gunner seat in a vehicle is no longer inverted when inverted flight controls are selected. “Invert Vertical Look” is now the authority for vehicle turret controls.
- Working on a handful of base shield issues. Shields may not come up and down exactly as they did, but bases are capturable and fixes will be up as soon as possible.
- Vehicle management window now operational.
- The Quad has been tweaked to provide better handling.
- The fire rate of the Scythe and Reaver has been adjusted to be closer to the Mosquito.
- The cone of fire on the Scythe, Reaver, and Mosquito has been increased.
The following Certifications have been added to the Galaxy, Liberator, Scythe, Mosquito, and Reaver:
- Turn Rate
- Vertical Thrust
- Braking Force
Aircraft have had the following changes made:
- Rocket Pods will now do reduced damage to infantry.
- Rocket Pods will now need to hit a tank directly to inflict damage.
- Direct hits on tanks will now inflict more damage.
- Scythe Rocket Pods now have an increased fire rate.
- Reaver rocket explosion radius has been reduced.
The following changes have been made to Air to Air Missles:
- Damage has been reduced on all missles.
- AoE Damage has been reduced on all missles.
- Lock on range for missles has been reduced.
- The lock on timer has been increased by a half second.
- The lose lock on timer has been decreased by one second.
- The lock on angle has been decreased.
- Tank Mines, Spawn Beacons, C4, and mines can now be spotted and seen on the mini-map.
- Player whispers should now be functioning correctly.
- Seabed Listening Post now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
- Indar Communications Array now has an additional spawn room and terminals.
- Ti Alloys now has a Spawn Control Unit, turrets, and an additional spawn room.
- The Palisade now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
- The Blackshard Iridum Mine now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
- Lost end Outlook now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
- NS Research Labs now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and a Spawn Control Unit.
- Snake Ravine Look out now has an additional spawn room, terminals, and Spawn Control Unit.
The following Certifications have been added:
- Nanoweave Armor
- Advanced Shield Capacitor
- Flak Armor
- Rocket Launcher speed and acceleration has been increased.
Also, the beta servers are now available from 0600 to midnight, M-F and 0200 to midnight on weekends.