The upcoming mystery thriller “Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller” has made it in to the top 75 games on Steam’s Greenlight, prompting Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios to call out the fans of the series and issue a new challenge, with a cool reward: If Cognition makes it into the top 10 by October 15th and gets approval for distribution on Steam……..
Reverb Publishing will give away full season passes to 500 of the game’s lucky followers.
Here’s what you need to do:
Head on over to facebook and Like the game and also vote for it through Greenlight. Remember that the giveaway will only happen if the conditions are met so everyone who is interested needs to make sure they get their likes and votes in as soon as possible.
“If Cognition gets approved on October 15, we can’t think of a better way to say ‘thank you’ to our loyal fans than by hosting this give away,” said Doug Kennedy, CEO of Reverb Publishing. “We think the game is really special, and a perfect fit for Steam’s platform.”
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is a narrative style point and click chiller-mystery which follows Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, who is haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. Erica uses post-cognitive skills with which the player will be challenged to navigate a twisting plot with complex characters and puzzles across 4 separate episodes.
Key features include:
- Engrossing, episodic narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- Fully-realized characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Your choices matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- Mind-bending challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-star dev team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the lineup includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
I don’t know about you lot but this one sound pretty amazing to me. Get your butts on over to Facebook and Steam and make this thing happen. Seriously, go…now.