Yessiree! At long last, the latest update for PlanetSide 2 has gone live and it boasts an impressive array of new features, fixes and other flourishes. I’ll get into the specifics below, but to whet your appetite a little bit, I’ll tell you that someone is getting a camera guided missile launcher and a feature that people have been screaming for since beta has finally been implemented.
Check it out!
It’s no secret that I am a big fan of PlanetSide 2. I’ve been playing it since the beginning of beta and for the most part, it just keeps getting better and better. Sure, there are some things that the game is lacking or there are components still awaiting implementation, but the PlanetSide 2 Roadmap has made it pretty easy for everyone to get a look at what the developers at Sony Online Entertainment are up to and when we can expect new features, expansions and upgrades.
As I said in the title, Game Update 4 just released and it contains a number of new additions, like empire-specific rocket launchers, two-seater Flashes, user interface updates and improvements, and, wait for it…
The VR training area!
What else is on the menu for the update? Check out some of the items below.
- Try before you buy – VR Training Area
- ALL weapons, vehicles and attachments are available for players to test out in the NEW VR Training area. Providing soldiers with the most advanced weaponry instruction possible, this combat simulation area will allow thorough testing of firearms and vehicle weaponry prior to taking them into battle.
- Get ready to rumble!
- The Flash now seats two! Bring a worthy passenger and charge into battle with proper cover. There’s also a new Wraith cloaking module and S12 Renegade shotgun available NOW for the Flash. With new stealth abilities, this Flash upgrade will allow Infiltrators to move completely undetected for a short period of time.
- Better tools, better soldiers
- The respawn screen and map have been merged giving players easier access to the information that they need while deploying. Take note, there’s now a manual zoom on the minimap.
- Passive Cert Gain
- Just because they need a little R&R doesn’t mean players can’t continue to stay battle ready. Players will now gain increased certifications while not in active combat.
- And much more:
- Check the full patch notes to read more about platoon management, increased XP for vehicle kills and updates to Membership! Also, we have a video narrated by Luperza which goes over some of the specifics…it’s just below.
Down a little more.
Just a little more…
…here it is!