KickStarter Success Zero Sum Games To Deliver Grand Strategy Game (Plus Space Bears!) to its Fans on PC
Haarlem, The Netherlands – April 17, 2013 [FleshEatingZipper] – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today the official Steam launch date of April 26, 2013 for its hotly-anticipated 4X space-strategy gameStarDrive for Windows® PC. The best-selling StarDrive Beta is currently available through Steam at a 17% discount at $24.99. The full retail version will be released on April 26 with a launch-week discount of 10%.
StarDrive is a space-themed 4X strategy game with deep ship design, colonization, diplomacy, research, and beautiful 3D graphics designed by new developer Zero Sum Games, which ran a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2011.
StarDrive features include:
- Real-time gameplay with a seamless zoom from a grand strategic view to a close-up action view
- Choose from eight beautifully rendered alien races or design your own; interact, negotiate, and forge allegiances on your way to victory
- Expand your empire and colonize all kinds of planets, terraform and populate them, and build them into specialized centers of trade or industry
- Research and unlock an array of technologies to improve your military and industrial capabilities
- Control your ships with classic real-time strategy commands or jump into the fray by taking direct ‘arcade’ control of any ship in your empire
- Create your unique ship designs with the modular ship design system and determine your own fate in battle
- Create custom fleet formations and set rules of engagement in the easy-to-use fleet editor
- Steal technologies, incite rebellions, or rob your enemies blind with a rich agent-based espionage system
- Deploy ground troops from orbit to defeat the enemies’ last planetary defenses in ground combat
- Explore the rich universe that comes alive with random events, remnant elements, hidden treasures, deep space terrors and late-game threats
For more information about StarDrive please visit the official Website: www.stardrivegame.com.
StarDrive sets a new benchmark for the ‘4X Space Strategy’ genre. Starting with a single planet and a small number of space-worthy vessels, you must venture forth into the galaxy, conquer new worlds, build new colonies and defend your very existence against those who would take what is yours. How you play is your decision. Use diplomacy or brute force. Trade, spy and research your way to galactic domination. Make friends, or create mortal enemies… The heart of StarDrive is its ship design and combat engine. StarDrive takes a modular approach to ship design, enabling the player to create custom ships where the composition and placement of ship modules really matters to the performance of a ship. In combat, if your portside armor is taking a beating, then rotate around and show them the starboard side! Hide behind a friendly capital ship’s shields; warp into and out of the fray, launch fighters, lay mines, and so much more.
ABOUT ZERO SUM GAMES
Zero Sum Games is based in Portland, Oregon, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest region of the United States. We are an independent studio with a small and dedicated team possessing a broad and diverse set of skills. Our mission is to deliver hardcore PC games to gamers looking for depth and challenge without sacrificing aesthetics. In design and execution, we follow the craftsman’s code: measure twice, cut once. We hope you enjoy our games.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50-plus game arsenal — with more promising games in the pipeline.
Don’t just play, play it cool.