Skövde, Sweden – May 15, 2013 – Renown indie development team Coffee Stain Studios announced today that Sanctum 2, the sequel to the first-ever true hybrid of tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, is now available worldwide on Xbox Live® for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows® PC.
“We built Sanctum 2 from the ground up, creating stunning visuals while keeping everything that players loved from the original,” said Anton Westberg, CEO of Coffee Stain Studios. “We then added more characters, more enemies, more bosses, more levels, more weapons and more towers to make Sanctum 2 bigger, better and badder than we ever imagined.”
SANCTUM 2 KEY FEATURES:
- Tower-Defense – Players can create custom mazes and utilize new towers to prevent the waves of attacking enemies from destroying the oxygen-producing Cores
- First-Person Shooter – Don’t just let the towers do everything, jump into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer
- Skye, the original Sanctum defender returns along with three brand new playable characters, Haigen, Sweet, and SiMo– each with their own distinct abilities and enhanced weapons
- Seamless integration of drop-in and drop-out four-player cooperative multiplayer
- 16 maps within four diverse worlds
- Vast Customization and Progression Systems – Players can choose perks such as Adrenaline Rush or up-the-ante by adding ‘Feats of Strength’ such as Titan Slayer where enemies grow stronger and the player’s XP gain increases by 20 percent
- Newly implemented enemy aggro system that makes for challenging and intense encounters
- Extensive DLC content – Exciting levels and expansions coming soon with new challenges and surprises
In Sanctum 2 players take on the role of an elite soldier whose mission is to protect the oxygen-producing Cores from hordes of deadly aliens who are threatened by their existence. Utilizing key elements of both tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, players set up defensive towers to take out the waves of attacking enemies and then jump head-on into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer.
Sanctum 2 is now available for $14.99 on PC and the suggested price point of 1200 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live. The PlayStation®Network version will launch in the coming weeks. For the latest news and updates on Sanctum 2, please visit www.coffeestainstudios.com, ‘Like’ the game on Facebook and follow the development team @Coffee_Stain.
# # #
ABOUT COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS
Coffee Stain Studios is a game development studio based in Skövde, Sweden. The company was founded in 2010 and focuses on quality game productions for multiple platforms. Their first game Sanctum was part of the “Make Something Unreal” competition and helped them sign a five year licensing agreement with Epic Games. Sanctum ended up selling over 600,000 copies on Steam, which helped Coffee Stain Studios self-finance the development of Sanctum 2.
D3Publisher is a leading worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software for all platforms, including console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers, smartphones, and tablets. The company also owns development studio Vicious Cycle Software, Inc., and its technology platform, Vicious Engine 2™. For more information about D3Publisher and its products, please visit: www.d3publisher.us.
ABOUT REVERB PUBLISHING
Launched in 2010, Reverb Publishing offers digital publishing to independent game developers, combining production and business development support paired with the proven public relations and marketing agency expertise from its parent company, Reverb Communications. Reverb’s unique model is form fitted for studios, ensuring they receive the majority of the game’s revenue and maintain ownership of their titles while Reverb handles non-developmental tasks including production support, navigating QA, and preparing for product submission.
For more information about Reverb Publishing, please visit www.reverbpublishing.com.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox Live are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.