Numerous new gameplay features; Anarchy and Onslaught leagues begin June 8th
Below is a brief synopsis of the many new additions being added:
Anarchy and Onslaught Leagues
Distinguished by new items, intense Challenges, and epic difficulty, these two new leagues offer a degree of gameplay above the original Standard and Hardcore leagues, and will last from June 8th to October 8th. Both Anarchy and Onslaught leagues provide distinctive gameplay modifications, as well as six new base items and six new (league-specific) Uniques.
In Anarchy league, the corruption of Wraeclast has overtaken the minds of many exiles, which players will occasionally encounter on their journey through the world of Path of Exile. These depraved individuals should be treated with caution, as the computer-controlled rogues can deploy the skills and items of player characters with deadly force.
Offering increases to monster attack, cast, and movement speeds, Onslaught league has been crafted specifically for players that found Path of Exile’s existing Hardcore league to be too easy. Onslaught league will function somewhat like a lighter version of the game’s Turbo races, except it will last for four months.
The eight Challenges are:
- Slay the 13 rogue exiles (Anarchy only).
- Reach level 60 on each character class (Onslaught only).
- Use a Map of every type in the Map Device.
- Allocate all of the notable and keystone passives.
- Receive 34 specific items from vendor recipes.
- Full-clear each non-Map area in any difficulty.
- Use all currency items (excluding Mirror of Kalandra).
- Own a specific set of 90 Unique items at the same time.
Re-balance and Passive Skills Reset
A significant re-balance of game areas and monster abilities has also been introduced with 0.11.0. All monster damage has been reduced, corresponding with reductions to passive skills involving player Life and Energy Shield. Now characters rely much less on life than before, compensating with defensive options such as armor. Although melee characters benefit most from this re-balance, previously underpowered builds have also seen substantial improvements. As a result of these changes, players will receive a full reset of their passive skills via a single-use button.
Eternal Orbs, Item Allocation, and Optional Mini Life Bars
Alongside these other content updates comes a new high-tier currency item: Eternal Orbs. While they’re extremely rare, they’ll provide players with a very useful function in item crafting. Using an Eternal Orb on an item retains the item’s current properties in an Imprint, which can later be applied to the original item to restore its saved state. Examples of how to use Eternal Orbs are available in the full patch description.
Item allocation has also been implemented with 0.11.0, allowing a party leader to choose from the following item allocation modes:
- Free for All: Items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.
- Short Allocation: The exact system we have at the moment. Valuable items allocate to a random nearby player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you’re far away from the item.
- Permanent Allocation: Valuable items allocate to a random nearby player.
Additionally, players can now toggle the display of mini life bars for allies, enemies, or both. Enemies’ life bars are only shown when they’ve taken damage, allowing for easier focus on foes nearing death.
An Australian gateway is also being added so that players in Australia and New Zealand are able to enjoy a low latency experience. Players on any gateway can fight with or against their international friends.
“We’re extremely excited about this patch. It has taken an immense amount of effort and is really fun to play,” said Chris Wilson, Path of Exile’s lead designer. “If you’ve been waiting for a fresh league to play some new characters, tell your friends and join us on June 8. See you there!”
Detailed information about the new patch can be found here: https://www.pathofexile.com/
Be sure to check out gameplay footage at www.youtube.com/grindinggear for the latest Path of Exile video goodness.
About Path of Exile
Currently in Open Beta, Path of Exile is a PC online action role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world. Featuring ethical micro transactions, the game is free-to-play, but not pay-to-win. Playing as one of six character classes, players find themselves banished for their past misdeeds to the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. There, they will encounter hundreds of species of opponents laden with loot and mysterious artifacts as they explore the abandoned continent.
Key features include:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Build unlimited unique characters on a gigantic skill tree
- Combine over 110 skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never ‘pay-to-win’
- Explore randomly generated levels for extreme replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games was founded in November 2006 in Auckland, New Zealand. Its founding members come from various countries and have a selection of diverse backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design to professional tournament game play. We are currently developing Path of Exile, a competitive online action RPG. As veterans of various online role playing games, we understand what is required to make an addictive action RPG with visceral combat and a complex item economy.www.grindinggear.com