Over a month ago we wrote about LIFX. They are looking to reinvent the light bulb with a connected LED bulb that allows you to completely control it from your smartphone. Changing the color, the intensity and even coming out with an SDK to allow hackers to make it work with apps or whatever else they come up with. Well, Philips has beaten LIFX to the punch with Philips Hue, available now.
Philips Hue is available in the Apple store exclusively and is pretty much the LIFX bulb, SDK and everything. There are some cool features with the app, being able to select a color based on a photo or light recipes that are built in to set the right mood.
Philips Hue supports up to 50 bulbs and the starter pack that comes with 3 bulbs is set at $199.95. Check out the video below and see more on their official website. With its high quality energy-saving LED light, Philips hue allows you to tune shades of white light or create any color. In addition, Philips hue can:
- Save your favorite light scenes for each room or time of day and recall them in an instant
- Use any photo on your phone as a color palette to paint your room with light and bring your memories back to life
- Tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light
- Create ambience or complement your decor with the colors of the rainbow
- Control and monitor your lights remotely when not at home for security and peace of mind
- Set timers to help manage your daily routine
- Let light wake you up refreshed or help your loved ones fall asleep